ORGANIC SPICES & GRAINS
The goodness of rice gets even better when it’s organic. You need to be absolutely sure about the quality of rice you use as it is one of the most popular staple foods of the world, consumed on daily basis across the world.
Aridjisholdings therefore offers organic rice that is in its purest form and taste. We bring you the ultimate wholesomeness of rice from the organic farms of Myanmar. This means that none of the artificial methods are used in the cultivation of rice – right from the quality of the seeds used for sowing, to the cultivation practises employed, over to the harvesting period and even through storing it.
This also includes compliance to eco-friendly ways to monitor soil quality and natural measures for pest and weed management. This stops adverse effects from harming the environment as well as the communities around. Proper checks are maintained to give superior organic rice products at every stage by:-
Monitoring soil fertility
- Using natural measures to maintain and even enhance soil fertility instead of using chemical fertilizers.
- Rejuvenating the lost fertility of soil through crop rotation using deep-rooted legume crops or green manure/cover crops that furnish the nitrogen requirements of rice.
- Using approved organic methodologies such as animal manure and compost.
Pest and weed management
- Planting in time, selecting the right rice seeds and variety, suppressing weeds through cultural practises and encouraging high density planting
- Chemical herbicides are not used in organic rice farms. In its place, natural methods like – crop rotations, land levelling, seedbed preparation, water management and rotary hoeing are implemented.
- Crop rotation is considered quite substantial in supressing growth of weeds and disturbing its lifecycle.
- Field flooding is also done to give rice an advantage over weeds and reduce its growth.
Harvesting & Storing
- The rice is allowed to mature its flavour to full extend in the fields.
- Organic rice is usually harvested when the kernels develop fully and have a rich flavour with 16 to 18 percent moisture.
- Instead of chemical control, organic rice rely on natural methods to store and preserve it over long periods like routine check of containers for temperature, moisture, insect activity and freshness.
- Meticulously clean storing facilities also ensure control of pests.
- During winter rice is regularly stirred and aerated with cold air.
- To ward off bugs and insects the rice containers are filled with natural food-grade carbon dioxide